Wednesday, October 24, 2007

See it with someone you're sure of

It's been years since I've seen George Romero's Martin. I remember really being into the film tho. Romero will always be one of my favorite directors. Ever since I was a kid and I saw Dawn Of The Dead for the first time. I knew as a director he was special. Romero has this power to turn a b-movie with all the clichés intact and turn it in to a more powerful film with meaning. A lesser director wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Anyway:

Martin is a 17 year old boy with the thirst of blood. He gets off by tranquilizing women before he murders and sexually assaults them. What the film leads you to believe is that Martin is a Vampire but not in the traditional sense. He's not afraid of garlic or crucifixes. Holy water wont burn him, he's a regular kid who just so happens to drink human blood or maybe Romero is just showing us a different side of Vampires! I don't know you be the judge.

I've uploaded the score composed by Donald Rubinstein. I love the title song! Very haunting track.

Download it here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is seriously one of my favorite movies ever. It is most certainly my favorite soundtrack ever.

On a side note, I actually won an auction for an autographed copy of the soundtrack from George Romero's website several years ago. Donald Rubenstein actually signed it himself.