Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Nightmare on Elm Street - Paranoid Comic

In the spirit of Halloween, you gotta represent with some Nightmare On Elm Street. Just the whole idea of Freddy and coming out of ones dream, Is just a horrifying concept, your worst nightmares becoming reality is just nuts. Over the years Freddy's lost a little something, as each film came out it was less horror and more of a spoof. But on the other hand, Freddy's a character no matter how bad the film I will still get some enjoyment out of it.

The last real Nightmare On Elm Street film came out 13 years ago. I know Freddy vs Jason was released about 4 or 5 years ago. But I would love to see a new Freddy flick with Craven or Aja at the helm. Bring it back to it's roots.

So I downloaded the torrent for a 3 part Nightmare comic that came out in 2005 called Parnoid. Publish by Avatar Press, story by Brian Pulido (Lady Death) and Art by Juan Jose Ryp. The story is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The art on the other hand I'm still on the fence about. It kinda reminds me of the old Creepy comic style art. Which isn't a bad thing per say. I don't know let me know what you guys think.

Get it here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude. these comics are wicked. i have a few of em

Anonymous said...

donn worry .. its not bad bro.. but i heard that ther's new Freddy comics and better and very gri8 art .. thanx anyway