Sunday, December 30, 2007

HD vs Blu-ray! WTF

This subject is something that has been bothering me lately. I own 2 Blu-ray players (PS3 60gb & Sony S300) as well as a Toshiba XA2 HD player. I have around 140 Blu-ray discs and prolly around 150 HDs.

With that said.

I'm just curious why people get so in to the format war to begin with? Having both formats, I see or hear no difference. I like both formats the same and I could care less who wins to be honest. I've been on forums and all I see is people bash each other. It's kinda like being a fanboy to the tenth power! I'm all about people being down with their favorite format but, I think people do get carried away. I wish they would both last, just so it gives me another option. Look at it as a good thing. Like, videogames you have Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. 3 different companies competing for the same market (Sort of). Why can't we have that on a media level? I see nothing wrong with two formats for HD films. Whoever wins it's going to be a lot of "I told you so" all over the forum boards. Which is a little dumb. I'm sorry thats how I feel.

Am I the only one who feels like that?

No comments: